Give yourself the capacity to showcase talents and manage shortcomings. With the utilization of an interactive quiz, experience how to slam dunk an interview.
Walking Into The Room – Your First Impression
Intro Sentence – Who Are You?
Comeback Sentences – Your Sales Pitch
Body Language – It Speaks before You Do
Closing Statement – Be Powerful. Always Close!
WALKING INTO THE ROOM – YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION
Before you walk into the interview, discard negative thoughts. Think why it will work. Continue reading
• Practice walking. Press your feet/toes firmly into the ground.
• This builds self-confidence. Yes, it even works with heels!
• CRITIC YOURSELF: Did you smile? Were you self-confident? Professional?
INTRO SENTENCE – WHO ARE YOU?
Tell them, “I’m looking for a company where I can use my experience (or degree) …” Continue reading
• What are you offering them? Use only one sentence. No run-on phrases.
• Say it over and over until it becomes conversational.
• CRITIC YOURSELF: Were you sincere? If your sentence was all about you, they didn’t hear you.
COMEBACK SENTENCES – YOUR SALES PITCH
Tell them, “I really enjoyed checking out your website. My experience/skills fit…” Continue reading
• Why do they need you? Use only two or three sentences.
• Make your comeback sentences all about your contribution.
• CRITIC YOURSELF: Practice. Don’t give two different benefits in one sentence.
BODY LANGUAGE – IT SPEAKS BEFORE YOU DO
Company interviewers are experts at reading your body language. Continue reading
• Whatever you’re thinking, they’re hearing too. So think only positive!
• Hiring is personal. Think why you like them. And they will like you too!
• CRITIC YOURSELF: Were you friendly and attentive? Sincere?
YOUR CLOSING STATEMENT – BE POWERFUL. ALWAYS CLOSE!
This is vital. Show your interviewer, with your close, that you want the job. Continue reading
• Stand up and say, “Thank you for your time.”
• Closing Example: “I really want this job. I find your company very exciting…”
• CRITIC YOURSELF: Look the interviewer firmly in the eye. Solid handshake. Follow-up ASAP.